Since April is stress awareness month, I’d like to share 5 ways you can do to relieve stress. Everyone is stressed from time to time. Whether your stressed at work, dealing with relationship issues, adjusting to change, moving, or whatever it can be, it really can affect you and can lead to depression and anxiety issues. This is a reminder that we need to tell our bodies to step back because there is only so much we can do. Whether it’s 10 minutes of your day or 30 minute, we all should take the time to do things that make us feel good.
5 Ways On how I like to relieve stress which could help you too:
- Yoga/Meditation – Let me tell you, I recently purchased a fantastic deal on Groupon for Kaia Yoga in Greenwich which you pay $30 and try out yoga for 30 days! I’m so glad I found the Groupon for this, because ever since I have been obsessed with Hot yoga, it’s so good for your mind, body and soul. I love taking these classes because it helps me clear out my mind especially after a long stressful day at work, and I feel so good emotionally and mentally!
- Go For A Walk/Hike – Now that the weather is starting to get nicer out, I love going on hiking trips, their so much fun because you are in your own zone and and you get to clear your mind by only focusing on gorgeous views.
- Eat Clean & Avoid eating processed foods – The past couple of weeks, I’ve been eating so clean and my body feels amazing! I’m less bloated and feel focussed and thats a big win for me! Processed foods have tons of high volume of sodium, so I try to stay away from that when I can, but again your allowed yourself a treat here and there. It’s all about consistency and knowing what’s right for your body.
- Listen To Music – I’m not sure if it’s just me, but I love listening to music and even singing to it when I’m stressed out. It calms me down and can be pretty relaxing. It can help with ignoring some difficulties you may have and calm you down.
- Massage/Massage Chairs – In my office, we have a room with two massage chairs that you can use on your free time. After I finish having lunch, I’ll just pop in there for about 20 minutes and just take the time to focus on myself while I am getting a massage. It’s so relaxing and since I work out all the time, the chairs help with my sore and tense muscles.
What are some of the ways you like to relieve stress?
Thanks for stopping by XOXO