Are you planning a last-minute trip but not sure where to go? Do you want to be in the east coast but still enjoy a nice weekend getaway? Read more to see some of the top places to visit for a fun weekend getaway in New England.
1. Hampton’s, NY
– The Hampton’s is an ideal summer getaway with endless attractions for anyone looking for a beach vacation with a side of glitz. The area has become popular among celebrities and affluent New Yorker’s who are drawn to its relaxed beach vibe and close proximity to the city—about a two-hour drive without traffic.
2. Poconos, PA
– The Poconos has been known as a romantic getaway destination with its beautiful sceneries, outdoor activities, and tons of romance packages to choose from. It’s a perfect quiet vacation for two.
3. Newport, RI
– The hottest summer spot to be at. From beaches, food and drinks, and tons of shopping boutiques, you can never be bored being here. It’s a fun weekend getaway trip for couples or with a group of friends.
4. Providence, RI
– Downtown Providence is the spot to be at. Their hotels offer views of the stunning cityscape and many attractions to go to. There’s a variety of bars to go to and if your around the area, definitely check out Rooftop at the Providence G, Providence’s only rooftop lounge and restaurant.
5. Nantucket, MA
– Nantucket has amazing attractions for every seaside traveler. Some of East Coast’s finest seafood bring beach lovers to Nantucket every year. Come here to spend a nice relaxing weekend getaway.
6. Martha’s Vineyard, MA
– Martha’s Vineyard is a beautiful peaceful island with relaxing beaches, fun boat rides, delicious ice cream spots, shopping, and just so beautiful to see. If your going just for a day, just be aware that you have to take a shuttle and a ferry to get there, but there’s 3 towns to visit: Edgartown, Vineyard Haven, and Oak Bluffs.
7. Boston, MA
– Boston ensures a fun-filled weekend from top attractions to its rich history. So many places to visit from historical tours, museums, food spots, nightlife, and entertainment, it has it all. It’s a fun city to be around and with the colleges being there, it’s always a blast to go whether with a group of friends or with your partner.
8. Cape Cod, MA
– Cape Cod is another popular weekend getaway spot on the East Coast. The Peninsula offers beautiful beaches, fishing, boat rides, kayaking, and all the seafood you can eat. A great escape to Cape Cod to keep your cool in the warmer months.
9. Kennebunkport, ME
– Kennebunkport, ME is a lively spot to visit in the summer time. There’s a variety of things to do from outdoor activities such as going on boat rides, kayaking, bike tours, romance packages, and fun entertainment. Definitely check this area out if you are planning a weekend trip to Maine!
10. Block Island, RI
– If you’re looking to escape the city and seeking a relaxing weekend, there’s an array of local bars, live music, and yachts and boats. Block Island is a laid back beachy vibe which is why it’s so similar to some of other of the Islands. Visiting Block Island is a bit like Nantucket or Martha’s Vineyard because of their beautiful beaches, and a relaxing scenery that is beautiful to see and so peaceful.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE PLACES I AM VISITING THIS SUMMER (2018):
- Boston – MA – Going to see Taylor Swift’s concert with my boyfriend! He bought tickets a few months ago for my birthday. We are planning on heading early to explore Boston before heading to Gillette stadium for the concert.
- Poconos – Lake Harmony, PA – I booked a weekend getaway for my boyfriend’s birthday and I have some fun things planned for his birthday for the 3 days that we’ll be there. Here are some that I am thinking about: kayaking, stand up paddle-boarding, hiking, water park fun, brewery, and some nightlife/entertainment. Will be posting my travel guide later with all the fun activities my boyfriend and I do while on this trip.
- Philadelphia, PA – My boyfriend’s friend is getting married, so we’re going to explore Philadelphia and spend more time together before the wedding which is on a Sunday.
- Hampton’s, NY – Another wedding my boyfriend and I are attending. We’re both so excited since we’ve never been to the Hampton’s. We’re ready to enjoy this mini weekend getaway.
- Austin, TX – Planned a trip end of September with one of my girlfriends to go and visit Austin. I’m so excited because I haven’t had a girls trip in SO long, and Austin is definitely a trip for it. I heard East 6th street is the place to be, so we booked an Air bnb a couple blocks away from there. Any recommendations you have would be so great!!
Have any fun weekend getaway trips planned? Any recommendations on places to visit in Boston, Poconos, or Austin would be amazing! Thanks loves XOXO