Happy Monday Loves!
This Fall, I wanted to make a healthy pumpkin dessert to try, something yummy but low in carbs. I love the fall season, and if you know me, I like to bake healthier tasty recipes this time of the year. Read below to see the recipe on how I made these healthy vanilla bean cream frosting pumpkin bars.
Ingredients For Pumpkin Bar Batter
- 1 1/2 Cups 100% Whole Grain
- Unbleached Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Tbsps Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/8 Cup Agave
- Baking Stevia or Truvia to Taste.
Ingredients For Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
- Baking Stevia or Truvia to Taste
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 5 Oz Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 Cups Plain Cream Cheese(1/3 less fat)
- 1 Tsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Agave
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees!*
In the first bowl, Sift together the almond flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together.
In the second bowl of dry ingredients, grate about 1/4 of the nutmeg into the bowl
In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, applesauce, and oil. Measure and add agave to the bowl of wet ingredients. Add pumpkin puree to the wet ingredients and combine until smooth. Add brown sugar and vanilla to the bowl of wet ingredients.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until completely smooth. After the mixture is combined, add the additional sweetener. Don’t be afraid to try the batter to make sure it is sweet enough.
Grease a baking dish with olive oil, butter, or cooking spray. Spread batter with a spatula until smooth. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Use the toothpick method to make sure it is done.
Take the pumpkin bars out and allow them to cool before you add any frosting or the frosting will melt.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cooled pumpkin bars.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top for decoration.
- Place the bars in the refrigerator for five minutes for the frosting to firm before cutting.
- Keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- They last about one hour before the cream cheese starts to get soft. Because this recipe contains dairy, it’s safer to keep them in a cool area after a while.
These bars are so delicious ad feel less guilty eating them! Perfect to make this fall holiday season.
Nutrition With Frosting: 60 Calories, 9 g Carbs, 2 g Fat, 2 g Protein, 2 g Fiber, 4 g Sugar
Nutrition Without Frosting: 46 Calories, 8 g Carbs, 2 g Fat, 2 g Protein, 1 g Fiber, 3 g Sugar