Happy Friday Friends!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday celebrating with family and friends. I can’t believe in just one day it’ll be a new year.
2016 was a roller coaster ride for me. This year, I had dealt with a very rough break up that helped me become a happier and stronger individual, finding a stress-free career that I was happy with and knowing who my true friends are. I just got back home from a family trip to Atlantis, Bahamas. Thanks for my Uncle who booked this trip, I had the most relaxed and amazing trip ever not having to worry about work or anything else. Sometimes you need to take a break from reality and focus on yourself and to experience life.
2016 has taught me a lot. Any-time I’m stuck in a tough situation, I write things down in a journal because in the end , it’ll help clear my thoughts out and determine what the right decision is for me. I’ve learned to always be thankful for everything I have because life isn’t perfect. I also learned the understanding meaning of true friendships (losing friends to show they weren’t meant to be in your life), being honest to yourself and others, to forgive others, getting rid of your insecurities, not wasting time on people who don’t deserve it, finding the right person for you is not easy, etc. Remember there will always be good days and bad days, life goes on but always keep your head up. The key is to always follow your heart and be true to yourself. There is always a time for everything and the rest will come into place.
This is one quote that I love:
“Sometimes you need to take a break from everyone and spend time alone, to experience, appreciate, and love yourself.” – Robert Tew
Here are some of the things that have happened to me in 2016:
1. Turned 24. Soon to be a half-century old, boy am I getting old :p. I have one younger sister who is 22 but the funny thing is she looks way older than me. Everyone thinks she is the older one. Many people tell me all the time that I look way younger for my age, but I take that as a compliment 😉
2. Visited Three Amazing Places. This past April, I traveled to Paris & London and met up with my best friend who lives in London. It’s always so nice to travel and explore and see new things. My other trip was the Bahamas which I recently went, it was a beautiful tropical island a great mini vacation.
3. Been In A Long Relationship. It was a very tough situation and things didn’t work out for certain reasons but at the end the break up made me learn a lot about myself, how to grow as a person and that everything will be ok at the end.
4. Blessed With Two Baby Cousins. This year my aunt gave birth to two baby girls one in March and one in October. They are the most cutest precious babies ever.
5. Started My New Job At A Footwear Fashion Company. I’ve always had a passion to work in the retail industry and now I am working as an E-commerce Coordinator in Westchester, NY.
6. Bought Myself A New Car. I purchased a white Subaru Crosstrek for myself and it’s the perfect car for all seasons. Love my new baby!
7. Lauched Pearlsandplaces Blog! I have started my fashion blog for about 8 months now and I am so happy I decided to create one. A co-worker of mine told me I should make one especially since I am so into fashion and I love posing in front of a camera. My blog is pretty much my #1 hobby a passion of mine I love showing all of you my pictures and inspirations. I have met so many great bloggers online and I’m just thankful for each and one of you who has been liking, commenting, it really makes my day.
Every day is a new day so keep smiling, take advice from others (even when you disagree), have positive energy, be happy, laugh a lot, and be thankful for everything you have!
I wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Thanks for reading XOXO